Senior Workday Analyst
Payroll & Benefits (Workday Analyst) requires a strong knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), Workday (specifically) and experience with global payroll and benefits administration, and Workday reporting configuration. The HRIS Analyst – Payroll & Benefits serves as a technical point of contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. This position will also provide assistance for global payroll and benefits administration. The HRIS Analyst also supports Workday upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Troubleshoot Workday systems issues, maintain data integrity, create and maintain custom reporting, performing ongoing configuration of Workday and providing training to team members, as needed.
- Leverages Mastery-level knowledge of Workday, and other systems as assigned, to Lead in the configuration, updates and deployment of new and existing modules / functionality
- Participate in initiatives that integrate Workday with other systems and help define functional requirements with the HR users and vendors
- Evaluate, communicate and coordinate the technical impacts of Workday configuration decisions
- Assist in maintaining data integrity in Workday by running queries and analyzing data
- Provide payroll and benefit system support for HRIS system (Workday)
- Evaluate, build and maintain all elements related to payroll and benefits functionality, including but not limited to pay components, pay component groups, ledger accounts, related pay calculations, period schedules, pay groups, benefit plans, time off plans, etc.
- Evaluate, build and maintain all elements related to benefit functionality, including but limited to benefit plan setup, passive events, eligibility rules
- Maintain, create and troubleshoot CCB and EIB integrations and integrations between both internal systems and third-party clients
- Maintain Organizational changes/structure updates
- Assist with projects leveraging project management principles
- Track issues and risks, communicate status and escalate concerns to management
- Identify opportunities to alter business processes and configuration to better dovetail with Workday’s strengths
- Maintain awareness of Workday updates and trends and make recommendations of changes
- Assist and provide Level 2 Support on HR production issues
Payroll & Benefits
- Assist the Payroll & Benefits Manager with global payroll and benefits functions (including loading new hires/rehires into HRIS, processing employee benefits and payroll changes in Workday, reviewing audit reports, and respond to employment verifications)
- Provide assistance in processing domestic and international payrolls
- Assist with overseeing the integrity of payroll data in Workday and other payroll-related systems
- Provide assistance with special filings and audit processes by third party payroll provider (e.g. garnishments, child support orders, tax levies, quarterly tax verification, and workers compensation reports).
- Complete organizational status changes including promotions, manager, job title, salary, leaves etc. are made properly within the HRIS system and team member’s pay is properly adjusted.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 5 years of relevant experience in an HRIS analyst role, Human Resources, or in a similar/equivalent position with a focus on reporting and analysis
- Workday Benefits
- Workday Core HR (Masterly-Level)
- Workday Recruiting
- Workday Integrations
- Advanced Excel experience working with large data sets utilizing advanced formulas and functionality, knowledge of MS Project or other Cloud based Project management tools•
- Broad Workday expertise (including configuration experience) to provide solutions with options
- 3+ years of experience in Payroll administration
- Experience with change management methods and programs a plus
- Prior Human Resources experience
EDUCATION & Skills
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Business Administration or Human Resources preferred
- Thrive on simultaneously managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to operate effectively in a dynamic, growing environment with minimal supervision. Excellent business analysis skills: timeline planning, requirements definition and documentation, test planning, deployment approaches
- Exceptional written and verbal communication capabilities
- Ability to interact with individuals from diverse levels within a corporation and to provide excellent customer service
- Superior detail orientation, organization, and analytical skills
- Discreet, able to handle confidential and proprietary information appropriately. High level of integrity.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Workday Certifications for Benefits, Core HR, Recruiting, and/or Integrations preferred
- Must be proficient in excel